Thursday, July 07, 2005

They are trying to assimilate me

Disclaimer: In case any of my office buddies are reading this, I'm just joking! Dun get upset ya...


I can't stand it anymore. Day in and day out they are doing all they can to make me into one of them. I'm fighting hard, but it's a war that too difficult to win...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...


Meet the Borgs.... My colleagues, Cynthia and Nora.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
resistance is futile!

Please don't get me wrong; they are probably among the nicest people you can find in the company. But I just cannot tahan the way they strike up conversations with me:

"You know who Penny Tai is right? Apparently my friend's father knows her father..."

"What time do you normally sleep at night?"

"My mother-in-law is coming over this weekend..."

"What brand of diapers is good?"

"Do you think Brad Pitt is good looking?"

"Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie really having an affair?"

"Do you like the Korean shows?"

"Are you going to watch a movie tonight?"

"What are you doing this weekend?"

For goodness' sake, ladies... I'm not interested in your mundane SI LAI(housewife in Cantonese) talks, ok? I'm not even a si lai in the first place! S0, unless you want to talk about football, wrestling, PS2 or gym workout, Puh-lease leave me alone...

Actually, it was worse before Nora came on board in April. Still, there are times I really feel like going to the toilet and cry; other times, I swear I could've just grabbed a rope and hung myself. How much can a guy tolerate? It's become so bad that there was one time I caught myself asking Cynthia,

"Do you use moisturizer on your face? I feel my face is a bit dry..."

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!