Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Mom's birthday bash Pt. 2

After mom sat down, we ran into one minor problem: the food wasn't ready yet. So my eldest brother and my sister did the welcoming and sang "Word" to entertain the guests.



After that, still the food is not ready- another Bee Gees song "Tragedy" to the rescue!



Halfway through the song, finally the food is ready.... The crazy thing is there were only 5 waiters covering the function - 5 waiters to take care of 20 tables!


Finally...


Food...

I pity so many people who had to wait because of insufficient hands...



My horse-face nephew also got a group of dancers to perform 5 dances. Can't show you all the pictures of the dances, but suffice to say that the more they dance, the more revealing they became...


This phoenix dance was everyone's favourite

In between the dances, we had karaoke singing sessions! And here we have the debut of my 13-yr-old niece Janine singing a Thai number.


She may be 13, but already 5ft 7in tall...

Others who sang include: my nephew, my eldest brother, my sister, my mom, my gf and of course, me. Again, I can't post all the pictures but one uncle deserves a mention here- he brought his own karaoke CD. Talk about professionalism.


"don't play play- I'm a professional wedding dinner singer..."

Half way through the dinner, we had the cake cutting ceremony.


"Happy birthday to you..."

After that, it's back to more Malaysian Idol rejects!


Don't mess with this uncle... he's MCA...

By the time the dessert came, it was already close to 10.30pm. So everybody whacked whatever's left and started going home.



Apparently everybody had such a good time, some were contemplating whether to stay over for the night.


"Oi!! Get a room-lah!"

Overall, it was a fun night with so many relatives joining us to celebrate mom's birthday, though her lunar birthday is actually today(Just spoke to her on the phone- she seems happy that her youngest son actually remember it's today). It's unfortunate that the food wasn't that great and the waiters were so few(apparently a couple of casual workers didn't turn up). After the guests had left, it was time to settle the bill.



Shall look forward to another birthday bash... 75th perhaps?