Does she look like she needs to slim down?
Her face has been smudged to protect the innocent(ME!)
When you have a bf who's a fitness instructor, it is unlikely you need to get those slimming programmes. Going to the gym is the only way she could spend time with me actually... together with 20-30 other gym members, of course. She used to do only the treadmills before I moved to KL; now, she attends Body Combat, RPM and quite recently, Pilate. I'm stilll trying to get her to do Body Pump, though she complains that the weights are too heavy for her.
Anyhow, back to the slimming stuff: If one wants to lose weight, why does one go for slimming programmes instead of exercising? Granted, it is less strenuous with the slimming programme but to be healthy is not just about looking slim. It is recommended that we should exercise at least 3 times a week, with a minimum of 30 minutes per session. If you need more to be convinced, go here and here.
If you're too lazy to read, allow me to summarise for you what the articles are saying:
TOP 10 reasons you should exercise
- Makes you feel better about yourself(endorphin!)
- Reduces risk of heart diseases and certain cancers
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Helps you sleep better
- Improves your stamina by training your body to become more efficient and use less energy for the same amount of work
- Increases strength and endurance
- Enhances your flexibility
- Controls your weight
- Improves your quality of life
With all the 9 benefits, they all lead to the #1 reason you should exercise: