Monday, February 13, 2006

Final CNY Review: Lies and lunch

....................................................................................................................
This will be the final CNY posting as there are a couple of back-log entries from last week.
....................................................................................................................

She said she was going to Melaka with her sister and best friend. At the end, I found out that she had lied to me. Read about it here. How can I ever trust her again?

Nevertheless, it was a sweet thing for to do that and I appreciate the effort to surpise me- if only they were slyer. I was taking the escalator down in Island Plaza and as I reached the ground floor, I suddenly saw these 3 ladies running around, only for me to realise who they were (ladies+sandals+running= unnecessary attention). I wasn't wearing my glasses and had they quietly walked away I probably wouldn't have spotted them. Try harder, girls!

I will remember this deception and vengence will be mine.... muahahahahahaha!

Friday 3 Feb the family was invited by my aunt to have lunch at Penang Club.


It's kinda old and small but still it's highly exclusive like the Penang Swimming Club. I think it was established by the British about 100 years ago. Even now they still maintain the same dress code for the men: collar shirt, shoes, long pants/short pants with knee length socks, though the only person I've seen wearing the short pants and socks in the club was my late uncle.

It is sort of an annual gathering for us there since we don't go there unless my aunt brings us in- the only membership I have is the Penang Chinese Swimming Club, which doesn't mean much.


We were the first to arrive so we helped ourselves to the food-lah. Here we see OCD at work.

Nice presentation I must say.




Here You can have a good view of the sea. I can imagine how scary it is to see the Tsunami coming in Dec 04...


Food this time round wasn't good- I think they have changed the caterers.

It's been nice to be able to return home for 10 days- not likely to happen again this year.