Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Lonely Merdeka

This year's Merdeka Celebration is gonna be pretty quiet for me. Gf is going to East Malaysia tomorrow for work. OCD taking bus back to Penang as well. So I'll be home alone this time.

At least I don't have Wacko Jacko...


I'm reminded of my first ever Merdeka in KL back in 1999. I just started work with Padini then, and was staying with OCD in Segambut. We actually went to Bangsar just to "look-see". I was still very unfamiliar with Klang Valley roads then(not that I'm an expert now) and going around in his car at night was quite confusing.

One of the most memorable Merdeka moments for me was in 2004. Together with the youths of Penang Christian Centre, we screened a movie on Merdeka eve, and we later gathered to sing "NegaraKu" as we raised the Malaysian flag.

Speaking of the Malaysian flag, we have been encouraged by our leaders to fly our flags on our cars. I have been doing it for a couple of years but this year I'm not going to do it. Reason? We're given cheap low quality flags. The problem is not really the flag but the flag stands. How many of us put our flags up only to find out later that they don't stick well? The fallen flags end up on the roads, run over by cars, buses, etc.

Anyway, back to topic. I'm basically abandoned by my brother & gf this time round. Don't really know what to do... though I did think of coming back to gym to work, but that will be soooooo....*sigh*

Anyone in the same situation? Wanna hang out on Merdeka eve? Do let me know... By the way, I'm not gay and this is not an invitation for a gay date.