Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Bali experience

Bali is definitely one of the best destination for a good time. One of the things we did was of course surfing.

Catching the wave


The theory session conducted right before we hit the waves was quite helpful, but when I made my first few attempts, the results have been far from ideal.

Falling on my butt


Yes, collision can happen while surfing too



Wife also fell face first a couple of times



After numerous attempts, eventually we did get to surf successfully.


"Look ma... NO HANDS!"


Come to think of it, the fun was actually tumbling in our attempts.


Besides surfing, we also did some touristy stuff and visited a couple of places.

at the temple


Waterfall


The temple at Tanah Lot


Dinner at Tanah Lot


Sunset at Tanah Lot


We also did our own free and easy holidays on the motorbike. From this experience, I've learnt that I should always bring my driving license while going on holidays in a foreign country so I could feel at ease riding a rent bike without worrying about the police.

Even though by law we must wear helmets, we just followed the locals



At the hotel pool side


Taking a leak


The Bali Bombing Memorial Monument



The main street of Kuta


Overall, I find Balinese among the friendliest people I've ever met.

The orginal natives were so not so friendly, unfortunately


I enjoyed myself there and I wouldn't mind going for a second trip.



Thank you Bali for a wonderful honeymoon!