Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Review: Remax CX-04 Cutie Car Recorder

I have been using this dashcam for the last 6 months and I thought I should review it, partly because there not much information you can find on the internet about this dashcam.

It all started when I wanted to buy a dash cam for my car. One of the criteria is the camera must use a capacitor instead of lithium battery. As we live in a tropical climate, exposing a lithium battery to the heat is not ideal. I did some research online and was very closed to buying the Viofo A119, when I stumbled upon this rather cute looking dashcam- Remax CX-04.

Minions, anyone?
I tried looking for reviews but- as mentioned earlier- couldn't find any. However, I did find a few YouTube videos from Vietnam showing the camera's video quality. Overall, the video quality looks okay and the camera is cheaper than the Viofo A119. So, I decided to take the risk and bought it on Shopee for RM220.

This is how the package looks like.

Simple but beautiful



I bought the black one so it's more discreet

You can the option of 3M sticker or suction cup. Most dashcam reviewers suggest using stickers.

Cable to connect to the power source

there's a slot (not visible in this picture) for you to attach your phone cable

Instruction manual in English & Chinese

Specs

You can scan this to download the app on your phone(IOS or Android)

Installation was pretty easy and you should have no problem doing it.

I put it just behind the mirror

Not that visible from the outside, would prefer the rim to be black too

As cute as it looks, the import part is the video quality. There is an option to record at 720Pp or 1080p. you will need a Micro SD card(manual says up to 64gb) to record the video. Put in on a loop and you can easily transfer any important video from the camera to you phone.

Below are my sample videos.






If you want a dashcam that doesn't hurt your pocket, I  highly recommend this Remax CX-04.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Glad to learn that you have been using Remax CX dashcam for last 6 months and home still working well. You also inserted on this page some good looking images that seem very bright and eye-catching. Again you have done a great work providing the package details with relevant photos. I like your technical presentation. I was also looking for Dash cam installation ideas so that I can do it myself. Anyway, enjoyed your brilliant job.